The "LA-EDI" inlet was developed to respond to the problem of turbulence in the centerwell area of many clarifiers.
LA-EDI (Enhanced Flocculation and Energy-Dissipation Inlet)
- Enhances flocculation of activated sludge particles.
- Improves formation of flocs when using polymers.
- Eliminates the "rat-holing" due to turbulence in area below the centerwell.
- Optimizes the separation and settling of suspended solids particles.
- Minimizes the carry-over or solids ordinarily transported by density currents.
- Enhances the uniform formation of sludge blanket.
- Increases treatment capacity over conventional "scooped" or "gated" EDI's.
Kusters Water CFD Summary
File Type: PDF | File Size: 508KB | Last modified: 05-15-2012